Buena Vista KOA Campground
The KOA campground offers clean and quiet campsites.
WHY CAMP at the Buena Vista KOA Campground?
- The KOA campground is clean and quiet.
- Located on a hill overlooking the Arkansas river valley in Buena Vista, Colorado.
- Each campsite has a unique view of the Rocky Mountains and the Arkansas River Valley.
- We are different from most other RV parks and campgrounds!
- We are spread out on 35 acres; and sit half mile back off the highway.
- We are surrounded on 3 sides by government BML wilderness land.
- Looking to the south, one can see 20 miles down the beautiful Arkansas Valley.
- Looking to the west, across the Valley, one can see 6 of the 14,000 ft Peaks
- Your hosts are well trained, well informed, experienced in the back country, and eager to help our guests.
- In 2010, fun loving campers from all 50 US states and 27 foreign countries chose us as their camping site.
- Our “repeat” campers are our #1 referral source.
- KOA, Inc.’s “President Award” recipient for the past consecutive 8 years.
- Campground Reservations & Policies
- RV Camp Sites
- Tent Camp Sites
- Group Camp Sites
- Clean Restrooms
- Hot Showers
- Laundry Room
- Camp Store/Office
- Cook Shack
- Recreation/Game Room
- RV Dump Site
- LP Gas
- RV Storage
- Internet Access
- Horse Motel
- Visitors Camping Tips and links
Meet your HOSTS!
Tommy & Sarah Martin, Owners and Operators of the Buena Vista KOA Campground and RV Park
Over 30 years ago our family began vacationing in Colorado, introducing our two sons to Colorado’s beauty, resulting in an instant match for all four of us with our interest for adventure. In the years to follow, our family then also introduced our church youth groups and Boy Scout Troops to Colorado’s “backcountry classrooms”. In 2002, we followed our dream, moved to Colorado and purchased the Buena Vista KOA campground. Friends in Texas were always asking “why did we go to Colorado and climb those tall mountains?” The answer, then and now, is the same — “the answer is found somewhere in the journey between the trailhead and the summit.”
The Ute Indians lived in this Valley long before the area was explored and settled. They respected and honored the land as their “Mother Earth”. We, likewise, cherish the land and we strive to be good stewards of our resources during our ownership. We want future generations to be able to see and experience our surroundings in its natural setting.
Our philosophy is: “take only pictures, leave nothing but footprints”.
We practice and promote: “No Trace Camping”.
Explore! Discover! Teach! Share!
The adventure & journey is never ending.
Come, Experience the difference and discover what it means when we say—-
Now THIS is COLORADO!!!!
The Buena Vista KOA Campground & RV Park
Located 1.5 miles East of the US Hwy 24 and US Hwy 285 junction
between mile markers 213 and 214
BUENA VISTA KOA CAMPGROUND & RV PARK
From Denver, Colorado
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Go West on US Hwy 24 about 92 miles|
From Salida, Colorado
|Driving Times & Mileage To Buena Vista, Colorado|
|Aspen||2.5 hours||58 miles|
|Breckenridge||1 hour||53 miles|
|Colorado Springs||2 hours||92 miles|
|Cripple Creek||2 hours||84 miles|
|Denver||2.5 hours||105 miles|
|Fairplay||45 min||32 miles|
|Gunnison||2 hours||82 miles|
|I-70||1.5 hours||70 miles|
|Leadville||45 min||34 miles|
|Pueblo||2.5 hours||117 miles|
|Royal Gorge||2 hours||70 miles|
|Salida||30 min||21 miles|
|Vail||2 hours||75 miles|